Most forms of transport in Cambodia are very cheap by Western standards. As a rough guide:
- Airconditioned tourist coach from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap (approx. 6 hours) costs around USD $15
- Fast boat from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap (seasonal) costs about USD $35. A great way to see the vastness of Lake Tonle Sap.
- Hire car with driver – negotiable but expect to pay around USD $100 per day all inclusive.
- Tuktuk – a short trip in Phnom Penh should only cost USD $2. Negotiate with the driver for longer trips.
- Motorcycle taxi – the cheapest way to get around the city is on the back of a motorcycle. Short trips should only cost USD $1.
In and around Phnom Penh:
Allow yourself enough time before or after your Paleriders – Cambodia tour to see some of the more popular attractions. Although confronting, and very disturbing, no visit to Cambodia is complete without seeing the Tuol Sleng (S-21) Interrogation Centre, and the Killing Fields at Choeung Ek. It is difficult to appreciate how far these people have come since those dark days without taking a glimpse at this hell on earth. Negotiate a price with your tuktuk driver before you go, but you should be able to get to both sites for around USD $25. There will be a small entrance fee at each site.
There are many markets in Phnom Penh, but probably the most popular with Western tourists are the Russian Markets (Psar Toul Tom Poung) and Central Market (Psar Thmei). These are great places to shop for clothing, footwear, jewellery, souvenirs and other mementos of your visit to Cambodia. If you can’t live without Western style shopping, visit Sorya Shopping Centre. Most Western foods and commodities are available at Lucky Supermarket.
Other tour operators:
Paleriders – Cambodia recommends Travel Loops, a company owned and operated by Cambodian people with caring hearts. Travel Loops supports the work of the Happy Family Orphanage in Siem Reap.
Cambodia Travel & Cambodia Tours
Cambodia travel – Package tours, Tour operator offers private travel, special packages vacations beach holidays, family packages, hotel and resort, incentive programs, travel agency in Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand.
Responsible Tourism in Cambodia
Tel: +856 20 22230787
Address: National Road 6, Samrong Village, Baray District, Kampong Thom Province, Kingdom of Cambodia.
Copyright © Paleriders – Cambodia. All rights reserved.
Website created by Owen Holcombe